Internet Safety (6/29/21)
Foster Parent Training Program events are offered at no cost.
June 29, 2021
6:30-8:30 PM (EST)
Carla Jordan, MS
Registration Deadline June 28, 2021
Greetings foster/adoptive parents and caregivers!
Becoming a foster and/or adoptive parent can present its own unique challenges, especially when the children involved have a complex history of trauma.
The Foster Parent Training Program, housed at the UK TRC, is offering a virtual training series focused on equipping foster/adoptive parents and other caregivers with the information and tools required to meet the needs of these children through a trauma-informed perspective.
We hope you’ll join us for our upcoming session
The internet is a powerful tool that provides an easy, convenient way to access a wealth of information. It also provides opportunities to engage and catch up with friend’s using social media. Although it is fun and engaging, it can be very dangerous for adults and youth alike. Online activity places us at risk for identity theft and other cybercrimes. Join us on June 29, 2021, from 6:30-8:30 pm as we discuss Internet Safety. During this session, parents will:
- Learn strategies to protect their identity and other personal information while online.
- Learn to recognize potentially unsafe, dangerous or risky online situations and behaviors.
- Learn how to talk to youth about internet safety.
- Learn best practices for keeping youth safe while online.
- Identify strategies to use when encountering potentially unsafe, dangerous or risky online situations and behaviors.
- Learn to model appropriate online behavior.
This training provides families with the tools needed to keep their families safe while online. We hope you will join us.
Please note approval is pending for 2 credit hours for ongoing, elective training credit for Kentucky foster parents. Though the training is delivered virtually, it fulfils the face-to-face, group setting requirement. A reliable internet connection and computer/ smartphone with webcam are required.
To register to attend one of these events, click here.
If you have any questions, please contact Carla Jordan, TRC Training Specialist, at Carla.Jordan@uky.edu or 1-833-859-3278 (1-833-UKY-FAST).